Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Welcome to my thoughts on life

I had a major epiphany today. Those of you who have known me for a while are probably thinking, "Really? Another one?" Then again, once you find out what this particular epiphany is in regard to, you're probably going to think, "Well it's about *#$& time!"

So here it is: I need to find a new outlet for my snarkiness. Or my anger, bitterness, liberal opinions, etc. Whatever you want to call it. I just call it snark.

I started blogging on another site nearly a decade ago. While I still like writing there occasionally, and some of the best friends I have - women I would do anything for, even though I've never met them in person - were made there, I don't necessarily want to share that blog with everyone.

I started writing on my own website - www.skeleigh.com - four years ago. Ever since my son was diagnosed with cancer, I have used that site to get my thoughts out. But since Keeghan's death, my thoughts have occasionally been very dark. I don't want to taint that site with my inner demons; Keeghan deserves better, as do my husband Mike and my daughter Maxx.

That is what brings me here. I need a new outlet where I can write about whatever I want. It doesn't have to be about Keeghan, or my family, or my childhood cancer fundraising. It doesn't have to be politically correct. In fact, knowing me, it will probably be incredibly NOT politically correct most of the time, or at the very least, politically unpopular. There will probably even be the occasional curse word because, yes, sometimes cursing is the only way to truly convey certain feelings. And let's face it, cursing is a skill set that I have mastered.

::gasp::

The truth is out.

So, if you're interested in hearing my thoughts on life, and chiming in with a few of your own, I invite you to follow along. It will hopefully be a fun ride.

6 comments:

  1. You do need a new outlet to be free to say whatever and know that you will not offend anyone. Thanks for posting the link. These days I am addicted to blogs. I read them all the time and often just write in the challenges. I even started a new livejournal just for the writing challenges. That's my way of dealing with the boredom and fusteration in waiting for the surgeries. Hey, by the way, if they ever decide to get me in, I will be in your neck of the woods. The surgery will be in San Franscisco at UCSF. I will let you know when I know if I got in. just sayin. haha. ~Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy! Definitely let me know if you go to UCSF and I'll come see you. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from here, but I'll take any excuse to visit San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say Shannon that the first two paragraphs had me literally laughing out loud. But good for you! Be as honest as you please, its you site. You can't please everyone and those that matter will love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hat you made up your mind about this. I think it's great! Having a place to vent is important!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaaah! Your posts always have a way of making me chuckle or just go hmmmn. They make me think and that is what all the best writers have. I'm glad you found your own space to voice your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you guys are happy to read my random strange thoughts! Hopefully more to come soon. Even just these couple posts have been madly therapeutic for my busy mind!

    ReplyDelete