Thursday, January 19, 2012

So much for resolutions . . .

So much for my resolution to post a new entry to this blog every day, eh?  It has been 5 days since my last post.  So be it.  I've found that I can only have one obsession at a time, and if writing isn't the current one, well . . . it just doesn't happen.  For a few days there I was writing every day.  Then my daughter bought me a jigsaw puzzle.

Oh, shiny!

That's pretty much how I am.  Stick something new and shiny in front of me and I completely lose focus on what I was doing before and must chase the new sparkly.  So I started this puzzle, and I would stop at it occasionally, thinking to myself, "I will just find a couple of pieces and then get back to what I was doing."  An hour later, I'd still be staring at the puzzle.

The worst part was that I finished that first puzzle in a couple of days, and then she bought me ANOTHER ONE!

Evil child.

And after that one I remembered that there was one in the closet that we bought a few months ago but had never opened, so of course I had to do that one too . . . sigh.  I'm hopeless.  I'm finished now though.  I was doing puzzles in my sleep last night.  Madness.  Pure madness I tell you.

So today I've been back on making jewelry.  I found this new design for pendants that I wanted to try.  I made one yesterday that turned out pretty cool, so of course I had to make another one today.  Here is the first one I made:


Not the best picture, but you get the idea.  It didn't take long and I liked the result, so I decided to try another one today.  This is the second one:


The point to sharing these photos is to point out that when I am distracted by other projects, i.e., puzzles, making jewelry, I don't find the time to get on here and write.  So saying that I will write a new blog post every day is obviously a bit ambitious because to do that means I don't get to do any of the other fun things I like to do.  I hate to admit it, but I may have to do what my husband has always told me that I need to do, and that is to schedule time for all of my different projects.

GASP!!!!

I know he's laughing right now.  I just hope I am not in the same room - preferably not even the same building - when he reads this.

If I were to be completely honest though, I haven't had much to write about anyway.  I have gotten some things started this week that I have wanted to get the ball rolling on for a while, so I feel good about that.  I managed to annoy a good number of people on Facebook yesterday, all because I decided to state my opinion of people who (I think) misuse the word "depressed."  That was kind of fun, although I never meant to hurt those people who took it personally.

Why is it that it's never the people an insult is meant for who take it as one?  So unfair.

If there is one constant in life I guess, it is that people are unpredictable.  Me included.  You just never know what rant I am going to go off on, or who I will annoy.  It definitely keeps life exciting though, don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment